< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Different Stretch Mark Remedies Reviewed
Created On: 01/25/2010 03:06 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

09/21/2013 01:15 PM

Author Icon
marie33

Bio-Oil seems to repeatedly score well in user reviews, and it is inexpensive. The product contains vitamins A and E, Calendula, Lavendar, Rosemary, and Chamomile oils, as well as some other ingredients, although I am not sure if they are benign or not (meaning they could be chemicals). Bio-Oil is a topical application that supposedly treats scars, stretch marks, dry skin, etc. Has anyone ever tried this product? Do you know if it is effective? Beneficial? Harmful?
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 11/28/2011 03:22 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

I agree, I personally doubt that someone can completely eradicate stretch marks with over-the-counter products. Nonetheless, I feel that some natural remedies can make a substantial difference in how visible the marks appear. For example, natural ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, aloe vera, vitamin E, etc., are wonderful for both scars and stretch marks. There is a caveat, nonetheless, and it's called "diligence." I believe you have to be consistent for an extended period of time to see any difference. I'm not certain about anyone else, but I tend to get frustrated after a month or so (and therefore become less dedicated).
 08/10/2011 11:43 AM

Author Icon
ppatel24

I believe that there is no remedy for removing stretch marks besides laser treatment. This is because stretch marks occur do to tears in the dermal layer, and creams are applied to the epidermal layer. Creams can minimize the appearance of stretch marks, but they cannot completely remove them. It is true that the effectiveness of these products can be the same for everyone because of the location of the marks and the intensity of them. Therefore, there is no way of proving that these stretch mark creams are fake. Mosturizing the skin several times of the day with these stretch mark treatment creams can be effective if it can reach the dermal layer of the skin.
 03/09/2011 06:00 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

Unfortunately, I think that law only applies to if you're completely lying about the product (such as claiming that diet coke will erase blemishes). Maybe all of these creams do help in at least a few cases, even if just a little, so they can advertise that they work. Also, it's so hard to prove whether something is helping to prevent stretchmarks, because even if you get stretchmarks, you don't know how much darker they would have been or how much more you would have had if you hadn't used the product.
 12/22/2009 12:00 AM

Author Icon
spark

Hey Dsciarappa-

That's actually quite interesting.. I recently saw a friend of mine who is 6 months pregnant and I had actually asked her about stretchmarks and if she was worried about them.. she mentioned that she was told that none of the OTC 'treatments' really worked and so she wasn't really doing anything outside of moisturizing with lotion daily. In light of that conversation and this article that you posted, I have to wonder if perhaps it is all a scheme.. isn't there some sort of law stating that you can't falsely advertise something? so if these creams don't work, shouldn't they NOT tell people that it does work?? mrawr.

09/16/2009 12:00 AM

Author Icon
dsciarappa

I came across this article on EmpowHer.com about different treatments for stretch marks. Has anyone tried any of them and had successful results? Does anyone have any other successful treatments that aren't included in the article? Please share! http://www.empowher.com/news/herarticle/2009/09/08/do-stretch-mark-creams-work

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Use this Physician Finder to find highly qualified physicians who treat stretch marks and striae in the United States and Australia.
stretch marks help
Stretch Mark Help
Stretch marks are a common side effect of pregnancy, but is there really ...
more more Featured Videos
Advanced BMI Calculator

Sudden weight gain or loss can cause stretch marks, which are a form of scarring. Try to keep your body shape within a healthy range for your gender. This assessment tool may help.

Advanced BMI Calculator

Depression Screener

Did you know that the trauma that causes scars can lead to depression that can affect daily life? If you are feeling anxious, sad, or confused, you are not alone and there are healthcare professionals who can help. Try this short depression screener to learn more.

Depression Screener
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Sponsorship Program | Editorial Policy
Last updated: Mar 26, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.