How to get rid of stretch marks?

< REFRESH >
Topic Title: How to get rid of stretch marks?
Created On: 05/23/2013 06:39 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

05/08/2015 06:35 PM

Author Icon
qmedrob

Hey bella!

Have you tried PracaSil-Plus? It is prescribed scar cream for stretch marks, new/old scars, acne scars, and surgical scars (keloids). It is a 5 compound based with silicone and mixed with pracaxi oil from the pracaxi tree. Check out

www.facebook.com/wescarcaresolutions

you'll find pictures, videos, and more info!

Pleasure toHelp  

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/21/2014 04:49 PM

Author Icon
susannakres

I have had good results with a cream called Vanish by a company called SkinAgain. Here's the link -->http://skinagain.com/product/vanish

It's a natural product. I get promo codes from their FB and Instagram to help me save some money.

10/28/2013 05:52 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

Yes, cocoa butter is an appealing product because of its natural nature. In fact, it is a saturated fat taken from the cocoa bean and then utilized to make chocolate. Still, it can also be used as an ingredient in topical creams and medications. In truth, the smooth consistency and wonderful smell of cocoa butter make it a luxurious body cream. Some doctors even recommend cocoa butter to their pregnant patients to help ward off stretch marks. Even so, I am not certain if objective data supports its ability to keep stretch marks away. However, the skin will most certainly be softer.

10/21/2013 03:37 PM

Author Icon
kho1

I'm a big fan of cocoa butter. All natural and has no negative effects, even if it doesn't end up helping the stretch marks. I'd recommend using it just for smooth luxerious skin, and it has the added benefit of hopefully preventing future stretch marks. Fingers crossed!
 10/15/2013 12:19 PM

Author Icon
marie33

I also read/heard about carboxytherapy, and I am excited. In fact, I saw some before and after pictures, and the results were nothing short of amazing! It seems this therapy is suitable for scars, stretch marks, loose skin, and cellulite. I believe some doctors even use it for under eye darkness and facial fat, but that seems too extreme for me. Still, the stretch marks photos were great. Gosh, I wish I could find a practitioner in my area.
 06/21/2013 03:43 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

Perhaps you cannot completely rid yourself of stretch marks that are already there (short of lasers), but you can make the marks less visible. I agree with Maria, cocoa butter is wonderful. Vitamin E, palm oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, lotions rich in certain vitamins (like C and E), are also great choices. There is a relatively new procedure called Carboxytherapy that supposedly diminishes newer and older stretch marks. It involves injecting small amounts of carbon dioxide (CO2) just under the skin. Truthfully, the before and after photos are impressive. However, I am not fond of needles, so that is the barrier for me.

06/20/2013 02:07 PM

Author Icon
MariaRoss

I'm afraid there's not much you can do once stretch marks have already settled. Moisturizer, drinking a lot of water, light exercise, and healthy eating can all help because they keep the skin healthy and better capable of healing itself, but few treatments short of laser resurfacing have show significant effectiveness. Good luck, though! If you are going to use moisturizer, I recommend cocoa butter. It's all natural, will help prevent you from getting future stretch marks even if it doesn't erase the current ones, and is good for your skin regardless.
 05/23/2013 06:39 AM

Author Icon
preciousstewart

Ok so I've many of them and I need to know what are good ways to get rid of them (no surgery suggestion). I need good creams that are mild on skin but effective or if there are any natural ways to make them go away.. It looks bad & I'm pretty depressed. Please help! I'm 16

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Use this Physician Finder to find highly qualified physicians who treat stretch marks and striae in the United States and Australia.
Treating Male Stretch Marks
Stretch marks don't only occur in women; men have them too. Plastic surgeon ...
more more Featured Videos
Advanced BMI Calculator

Sudden weight gain or loss can cause stretch marks, which are a form of scarring. Try to keep your body shape within a healthy range for your gender. This assessment tool may help.

Advanced BMI Calculator

Depression Screener

Did you know that the trauma that causes scars can lead to depression that can affect daily life? If you are feeling anxious, sad, or confused, you are not alone and there are healthcare professionals who can help. Try this short depression screener to learn more.

Depression Screener
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Sponsorship Program | Editorial Policy
Last updated: May 23, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.