< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Retin-A and Glycolic Acid
Created On: 07/30/2013 11:49 AM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

10/16/2013 10:51 AM

Author Icon
marie33

I have used Retin-A and glycolic acid through the years, though not for stretch marks. I must admit, I was pleased with both products. I suffer with facial spots and minor scarring, and these exfoliates helped, albeit at a moderate level. Even so, be careful, as the skin can seem sensitive and become significantly more delicate (and I do not have sensitive skin). Actually, it is best to use the products sparingly and wear sunscreen when out in the sun.:-)
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 07/30/2013 11:49 AM

Author Icon
Cher777

Stretch marks can be especially difficult to remove once they have formed. Actually, they are a type of scar, and inadequate circulation may have contributed to their formation. I recently read about two popular wrinkle treatments that also minimize stretch marks. The products are cost effective and appear to work. They are as follows:Retin-A. Retin-A seems to have impressive success decreasing the appearance of new stretch marks. You will likely need a prescription for this product. This cream (or gel) boosts collagen and repairs damaged skin. It is important to stay out of the sun while using Retin-A, and do not use if you are pregnant or nursing.Glycolic Acid. Glycolic acid increases collagen production and improves skin elasticity. It comes in different strengths, and milder concentrations are available in certain stores. Again, stay away from the sun if using this product. This could be a great place to start before going on to more expensive treatments. Good luck!

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Use this Physician Finder to find highly qualified physicians who treat stretch marks and striae in the United States and Australia.
stretch marks help
Stretch Mark Help
Stretch marks are a common side effect of pregnancy, but is there really ...
more more Featured Videos
Advanced BMI Calculator

Sudden weight gain or loss can cause stretch marks, which are a form of scarring. Try to keep your body shape within a healthy range for your gender. This assessment tool may help.

Advanced BMI Calculator

Depression Screener

Did you know that the trauma that causes scars can lead to depression that can affect daily life? If you are feeling anxious, sad, or confused, you are not alone and there are healthcare professionals who can help. Try this short depression screener to learn more.

Depression Screener
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Sponsorship Program | Editorial Policy
Last updated: Mar 26, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.