Topic Title: promising new stretch mark treatment
Created On: 03/02/2010 02:21 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/19/2015 06:46 AM

Author Icon
SarahLouise01

Thanks everyone...

Sounds like an interesting and popular choice for those suffering from unsightly stretch marks which tend to bother many includ. myself! 

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 03/12/2015 06:29 PM

Author Icon
SarahLouise01

Is the laser removal suitable for people who have lost significant weight or just for those with light surface stretch marks as a result of pregnancy or puberty?

09/03/2014 06:31 PM

Author Icon
MariaRoss

I think that lasers are a fairly common treatment for stretch marks these days. Really, there's not much else you can do to get rid of stretch marks once you already have them. They work, as best I understand, but removing damaged skin and making small pinprick injuries that encourage the skin around it (which had previously stopped attempting to heal the area) to start up the natural healing process again. There's some more information about it here: http://stretchmarks1.com/Education/Treatments

06/27/2013 09:39 AM

Author Icon
marie33

There is supposed to be another relatively new stretch mark treatment that seems to produce impressive results. In fact, I think I read about it on this site. It is called carboxytherapy, and it involves CO2 injections just under the skin. In addition to stretch marks, carboxytherpy is also supposed to diminish cellulite, excess fat deposits, scars, acne pitting, and dark circles. Has anyone ever tried this treatment? I have read the hype, but I would love some real reviews. Does anyone know a doctor that offers carboxytherapy?

11/28/2011 03:31 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

Lasers for stretch marks? I know I am not fully informed regarding this subject, but I would do much research before turning to this treatment, particularly if the laser will be applied on a visible part of the body. Lasers seem to have a number of wonderful benefits, but I have read that certain lasers can disrupt fat. I would be afraid the treated area would appear bumpy. However, perhaps cool lasers are governed by a different type of technology, so perhaps this would not be an issue.
 10/24/2010 07:56 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

It's hard for me to keep track of all the different laser treatments. Is there a convenient guide to which laser treatments work best on stretch marks? I also read about this other new laser treatment called the coolbeam, but I'm not sure the source is reliable since it's clearly a press release for that doctor.

Though coolbeam sounds pretty cool, like a super power.

03/02/2010 02:21 PM

Author Icon
avigneau1

This is a new, FDA approved method to help treat stretch marks. Essentially this process use lasers to create a thin layer of damage under the skin. This encourages collagen to rebuild, a process is shown to subtly stretch the skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. A video, as well as more information, can be found by clicking here. Quite an interesting procedure, indeed.

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Use this Physician Finder to find highly qualified physicians who treat stretch marks and striae in the United States and Australia.
ultravioletlaser.jpg
Stretch Mark Removal - Ultraviolet Laser Treatment
Eyewitness News talks to Dr. Jay Adlersberg about Ultraviolet Laser Treatment ...
more more Featured Videos
Advanced BMI Calculator

Sudden weight gain or loss can cause stretch marks, which are a form of scarring. Try to keep your body shape within a healthy range for your gender. This assessment tool may help.

Advanced BMI Calculator

Depression Screener

Did you know that the trauma that causes scars can lead to depression that can affect daily life? If you are feeling anxious, sad, or confused, you are not alone and there are healthcare professionals who can help. Try this short depression screener to learn more.

Depression Screener
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Sponsorship Program | Editorial Policy
Last updated: Mar 26, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.