< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Use "Pregnant Skin Approved" Moisturizer
Created On: 08/30/2011 02:21 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

03/19/2015 06:53 AM

Author Icon
SarahLouise01

I think oil like coconut and olive oil are a better alternative to moisturiser.  But you can also do things other than apply creams or oils to help prevent stretch marks and their severity. 

The gleatin in bone broth helps with the skins elasticity and so does drinking water.  Vitamin C helps reduce free radical damage and zinc helps produce collagen.  Obviously rather than taking supplements it is better to get these vitamin and minerals from natural whole foods. 

I think sometimes we focus on what we can find in a bottle to fix us rather than what we can get from nature! 

REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/13/2014 07:15 AM

Author Icon
SusanGantor

Yeah, even I was unaware of this fact that you should be using approved moisturizer for skin, I guess schweizer Kosmetik are quite good for pregnancy skin. They are chemical free and highly rich with oxygen contents.

07/25/2013 10:12 AM

Author Icon
marie33

I completely agree with what you wrote. Companies that put out moisturizing creams sometimes fail to mention that some of the ingredients should not be used during pregnancy. Personally, I would stay away from any cream or oil that contains parabens. A good substitute? Extra virgin olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera, etc. From what I understand, these types of products are much more natural. Not only will they help ward off stretch marks, but they will not be harmful while doing it.

09/08/2011 11:44 AM

Author Icon
Cher777

Certain creams include chemicals that might be cancer-causing, so it's best to read the labels and avoid what you don't know (actually, the fewer ingredients, the better). At the same time, some moisturizers include acids (for example, salicylic) that may affect proper fetus growth. Granted, you'd likely need large quantities of the stuff, but who wants to take the chance? Even certain acne medications should be discontinued during pregnancy because of birth defect risks.

Bottom line? Check with your doctor and try to stick to more natural moisturizers. Anyway, that is what I would do. Good luck!

08/31/2011 04:17 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

I never realized that moisturizers had to be approved for pregnancy skin. Is there an issue with chemicals from moisturizers seeping into the skin, getting into the blood stream, and negatively affecting the baby? That kind of creeps me out, actually.
 08/30/2011 02:21 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

When I was pregnant with my daughter many years ago, I did not realize the importance of regularly moisturizing my breasts. To my amazement, my already large chest became even larger, and stretch marks began to appear. Thankfully, the marks have faded through the years, but they are still visible. My advice to pregnant women? Regularly apply an appropriate lotion to your breasts during and after pregnancy to minimize this unpleasant possibility. Nonetheless, be sure the moisturizer is pregnant skin approved; your obstetrician will likely have some wonderful product suggestions. Hmm, maybe organic coconut oil?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
RSS

Use this Physician Finder to find highly qualified physicians who treat stretch marks and striae in the United States and Australia.
Reduce Stretch Marks
Visit http://www.derma-rollers.com/30/stretch-marks-causes-and-removal/ ...
more more Featured Videos
Advanced BMI Calculator

Sudden weight gain or loss can cause stretch marks, which are a form of scarring. Try to keep your body shape within a healthy range for your gender. This assessment tool may help.

Advanced BMI Calculator

Depression Screener

Did you know that the trauma that causes scars can lead to depression that can affect daily life? If you are feeling anxious, sad, or confused, you are not alone and there are healthcare professionals who can help. Try this short depression screener to learn more.

Depression Screener
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Sponsorship Program | Editorial Policy
Last updated: Dec 18, 2017  © 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.