Stretchmarks1 Forumss

Forum

>
Topic Title: Makeup for Stretchmarks
Created On: 02/17/2010 09:24 AM

08/26/2013 03:20 PM

Author Icon
marie33

Even though you got stretch marks following your pregnancy, your advice is sound. Sometimes we are unaware as to preventative measures. In fact, that is why I enjoy this forum as much as I do. Hey, we can learn from one another.

My cousin's wife recently gave birth to twins. It is my understanding that she regularly moisturized the skin on her stomach, but she still got stretch marks. However, I feel when you are having more than one baby, the rules tend to change. I guess there is only so much stretching the skin can endure before it reacts.
 03/30/2012 01:41 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

I agree, the best way to approach stretch marks is not to get them in the first place. That is why it is very important for pregnant women to regularly moisturize their skin (yes, this means each day). Natural products containing ingredients like cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, and even olive oil are good choices. At the same time, it is critical to regularly take in beneficial liquids, like purified water; water helps the skin stay hydrated. And, naturally, diet is also important. Fresh fruits, leafy vegetables, and lean proteins (like fermented soy or free-range, skinless chicken) work in conjunction with the other suggestions to help keep stretch marks away. [br][br]Did I do all of the above when I was pregnant? Unfortunately, no. Sadly, I ended up with stretch marks on my chest.
 09/08/2011 12:14 PM

Author Icon
Cher777

[br]I use a cover-up product made by Dermablend, and I must admit it does a decent job in camouflaging my stretch marks. First I put on the makeup portion, and then I apply the solid setting powder. Even though the stretch marks do not entirely disappear when these products are on, they are impressively hidden. Nonetheless, I'm not sure how well the Dermablend line works if skin is lax or loose. Has anyone tried this regimen on body areas that are less taut? Does it look natural? [br]
 07/27/2011 09:46 PM

Author Icon
gracey

i suggest that instead of temporary solution for stretch marks like makeup, invest on permanently getting rid of them by laser treatment or cream. i'm using Metaderm right now and i found out that they have a variant for stretch marks and birth marks. you can check it through their website at metaderm.com
 07/12/2011 03:02 PM

Author Icon
AmariT

How much do these makeups cost? Is it comparative to typical foundation, or would I have to spend a lot more money? The body makeup to cover tattoos especially sounds like a specialty/emergency use product, not an every day product, and so would probably be more expensive.
 09/22/2010 10:32 AM

Author Icon
xzhao

I think the Laser treatment is very useful and it is a mature techonology now so there is not too many worries. for the sensitive skin, I know some cosmetics may not be good choices but not sure about the laser treatment. HOPE professional Dr. could offer some advice.
 04/30/2010 03:05 PM

Author Icon
kho1

[br]A friend and I are planning to go to the beach in the summer but she is concern about her stretch mark after giving birth to her first child recently. She has heard a lot about laser treatment, tanning, cosmetics or cream to cover up the marks. We are just not sure which one is right for her because she has very sensitive skin. Is there any recommendations? Thanks [br][br][img=385x261]http://ams.body1.com/assets/kho1/stretch_marks_385x261.jpg[/img][br]
 03/08/2010 05:02 PM

Author Icon
RunnersHigh

[p]I would not use make up or a self tanner, because I am very pale so people would probably notice. Moreover, I wanted to be sure that I go for (and probably invest) in a long-term solution which gives me peace-of-mind. Let us be honest, covering up is only temporary and you always have to fear somebody will notice. So why not getting a laser treatment?[/p][p]I wanna try [url=/News/Promising_New_Laser_Treatment_for_Stretch_Marks]this treatment[/url][/p]
 02/22/2010 03:26 PM

Author Icon
amontemayor

[p]I never thought about using self tanner or makeup for my stretchmarks because I only show them when I go swimming, but I will definitley try the self tanner![/p]
 02/17/2010 09:24 AM

Author Icon
slachapelle

[p]Although there isn’t currently a cosmetic line designed specifically to cover stretch marks, there are a few products you can try to make stretch marks less noticeable.[/p] [p] Mineral makeup fills while it conceals, as you have probably learned from television commercials marketing the products to fill in and disguise wrinkles. The main ingredient in mineral makeup is titanium dioxide, which covers while filling the lines of wrinkles and stretch marks, but it’s not waterproof. Apply several layers directly to the stretch marks to completely fill the lines before you blend it in with the rest of your skin.[/p] [p] Body makeup, the type used to cover tattoos and such for weddings, can also be used to cover stretch marks. This makeup is usually liquid and water-resistant, and is meant to be used on the body, unlike regular mineral makeup. This can be used when swimming or sunbathing at the beach![/p] [p] Self tanners may also work to hide stretch marks that have faded to a lighter shade than your skin. Add a self tanner to your daily routine to give yourself an overall darker color, and stretch marks may color as well and blend in. If you have a serious occasion, try an airbrush tan. Your professional should know how to disguise your stretch marks.[/p]

RSS
Weight Loss
By LisaRay

Posted: Dec 6, 2017
 Weight loss is common disease worldwide. There are lots of methods to counteract this difficulty. Few mentioned below.1. Green tea.2. Daily exercise.3. Drink water4. Daily Running.

more more Forums
audio
Interview with Dr. Minas Chrysopoulo
Listen to this exclusive audio clip from an interview with Scars1 Hero ...
more more Featured Videos

Dr. Eliot Ghatan

Dr. Eliot Ghatan:

Fighting Stretch Marks with Lasers
  more
  more Heroes
  nominate a Hero
  Hero policy
Advanced BMI Calculator

Sudden weight gain or loss can cause stretch marks, which are a form of scarring. Try to keep your body shape within a healthy range for your gender. This assessment tool may help.

Advanced BMI Calculator

Depression Screener

Did you know that the trauma that causes scars can lead to depression that can affect daily life? If you are feeling anxious, sad, or confused, you are not alone and there are healthcare professionals who can help. Try this short depression screener to learn more.

Depression Screener
Home | About Us | Press | Make a Suggestion | Content Syndication | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Sponsorship Program | Editorial Policy
Last updated: Jun 16, 2021  © 2021 Body1 All rights reserved.